GRUBHOGS.COM is your one-one stop food and entertainment guide on where to go and what to do. This is the Grubhogs blog.
"You find it, your review it!"

27.7.08

Cuisine worth fighting for....

- By Parvathy Nair

Yesterday, on my way to drop my son to school, my eyes fell on a hoarding. It showed the popular Afghan sport, Buzkashi. Adjacent to the picture was the line, ‘A cuisine worth fighting for…Baluchi cuisine. Baluch? Baluchistan? Afghanistan? Obviously, it had to be Afghanistan’s share of Baluch, as the sport shown on the hoarding was Afghani. Suddenly a series of pictures flashed through my mind. Pictures of mass exodus of refuges, tumultuous events, The Kite Runner, veiled women…And I thought to myself “Do people there really have a lavish cuisine to brag about?” It was more shocking because it was to be spread at Intercontinental, The Grand in Mumbai.........

Continue reading on the Grubhogs Mumbai Pages

No comments: